Pipeline to Leadership
YOUR CAREER GROWTH IS CRITICAL TO OUR SUCCESS
New to the industry? Willing to learn new skills that lead to a career with a growth opportunity?
Mears Group invests in our people by providing paid training programs that teach new skills and provide pathways for career advancement. Our Northwest Lineman College Gas Distribution Program will help you acquire those skills.
Upon completion of our program, graduates will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge related to the safety and regulatory requirements associated with the installation and abandonment of natural gas distribution systems
- Skills on how to be safe and productive crew members
- Behaviors that will advance their careers, while supporting their company and industry
LEADING EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Our foreman program has been developed to prepare our high performers for the next level in their career. It utilizes classroom instruction and hands-on activities to promote learning and implementation of the skills being taught.
- Understanding the role of a foreman
- Developing leadership skills
- Planning and time management
- Improving communication
Stepping up to Supervision
We encourage and support our employees in growing their careers with us. With Leadership Academy, our industry-leading training program, we help our employees acquire new skills in strategic areas and work to develop existing skills. Through this program, our employees are strategically placed in a position for success, allowing them to take on senior and executive level roles within Mears Group.