Mears operates safely in every situation. Safety is ingrained in our culture. We strive to complete all projects without incident or injury because we believe it is our duty to do so. Our safety careers include Field Safety Specialist, Area Safety Specialist, Regional Safety Manager and Safety Director.
WHAT DO YOU OFFER US?
- Embody and apply core values: safety, quality, integrity, ownership, service and team
- Perform area and job site level audits based on event trending, lagging/leading indicators and safety needs
- Provide area level safety leadership and shall promote a positive
- Participate in parent company level safety audits across the organization and coordinate corrective actions
- Review weekly Ops Reports for safety planning purposes
- Assist with training instruction and scheduling
- Assist with root cause identification, investigations and case management within the assigned area
- Coordinate, manage and respond to OSHA agency level audits
- Coordinate support efforts with Area Safety Manager
- Report daily safety experience and daily plan
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- 5-10 years minimum safety experience and the OSHA 500, or other accredited safety certification i.e. CSP, ASP, OHS, CHST, CSST, CSHO. Or a minimum of 3 years of verifiable experience and a bachelor’s degree in a Safety related curriculum
- Maintain and develop gas distribution, pipeline, and underground electric safety knowledge
- Must be able to travel nationwide or regionally to all assigned areas monthly. Overnight travel as needed to support position and duties
- Must maintain professional interaction, appearances, and communication within all levels of the organization
- On call 24/7 or as assigned after hours, weekends and holidays
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
|Field Safety Specialist||Jackson|
|Field Safety Specialist||Newport News|
|Regional Safety Manager||Charlotte|
|Field Safety Specialist||Tampa|
|Field Safety Specialist||Charlotte|
|Field Safety Specialist||Miami|